Fun Valley Family Resort
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions create a legal contract (the “Agreement”) between you and Colorado Fun Valley LLC, otherwise known as Fun Valley Family Resort and hereafter referred to as “Fun Valley”. These Terms and Conditions govern your use of and/or participation in activities at Fun Valley as well as your lodging/RV site. Please read the Agreement carefully. By booking a reservation to stay at Fun Valley, you accept and agree to abide by the Agreement.
Guests who violate these Terms and Conditions will be asked to cease and desist the activity or may be asked to leave the park altogether.
Form of Payment Accepted:
Fun Valley accepts cash, major credit cards, bank debit cards and checks. Personal checks require a photo ID, current address and phone number. Fun Valley does not cash checks. Insufficient funds checks incur a $40 Returned Check Fee. Lodging reservations must have a credit card on file.
Check-In and Check-Out Times:
- RV Site: Check-In time is Noon. Check-Out time is 11:00am.
- Lodging/Unit: Check-In time is 3:00pm. Check-Out time is 11:00am.
- A $50/hr fee may be charged to those guests who do not check-out and/or vacate their lodging/site by 11am on their scheduled check-out date.
Deposit for Reservation: based on duration of stay:
*RV Site/Tent Site 1 night; $50/week or partial week
Cabins, Motel Rooms, and Rental Trailers $150/Rental Unit Reserved/week or partial week
*$450 maximum per RV site
Cancellation / Early Departure / No Show Policy:
- Reservation may be cancelled 57 or more days before your scheduled check-in date with a $50 administrative fee applied for each RV site and/or lodging unit. If you cancel within 56 days of your scheduled check-in date, the deposit for each RV site and/or lodging unit is non-refundable.
- Guests who leave prior to their scheduled check-out date
- RV site – will be charged a $50 admin fee and will be refunded the balance of their reservation charge
- Lodging – will be charged for the nights reserved
- If a guest does not arrive by 10:00pm the day of their scheduled check-in and no other arrangements have been made, Office personnel will release the accommodations back to the reservation system.
Payments and Charges:
- Long-term Guests – Guests who stay 30 or more nights in the same RV site will be charged non-peak rates. The first month’s rent must be paid at check-in. Guests must pay the following month’s rent and Fun Pass charges before the end of 30 days.
- Guests may take advantage of one discount on their reservation (i.e. receive a promo discount or non-peak rates for those guests staying 30 or more nights, )
- All other guests must pay outstanding balance for reservation charges upon check-in. Charges to the account must be paid in full at check-out.
- Guests who have left Fun Valley and have an outstanding balance on their reservation: the credit card on file will be rebilled for the outstanding balance and/or any additional fee (i.e. damage to Fun Valley property).
- Lodging guests with pets will be charged a non-refundable $25.00 pet fee.
Lodging Linen Policy: For health and safety reasons guests will need to bring bed linens (sheets, pillowcases, and blankets), bath towels, bathmat, kitchen towels, as applicable.
Fun Pass Account Policy:
Enables guests to make charges to their reservation. The reservation owner is ultimately responsible for all Fun Pass charges made to their reservation, even if the Fun Pass wrist band/card is lost. Immediately report a loss to the Office so the Fun Pass may be deactivated. There will be a $5 fee for a replacement Fun Pass.
Reserving for Next Season:
- Guests may reserve their same lodging/RV site and days of the week (i.e. Saturday – Saturday) for the following year while staying on the property. If a guest does not make a reservation, their time slot for that lodging/RV site will be released for use by the reservation system.
- A minimum 3-night stay is required to reserve a cabin, motel room or rental trailer.
- A minimum 30-night stay in the same site is required to receive a discounted rate for an RV site.
All vehicles, golf carts, trailers, (including additional cars or trucks) must be registered with the Office and have a Fun Valley Guest permit clearly displayed on the vehicle. Each RV site/lodging unit is permitted one vehicle (plus a golf cart.) Exceptions are premium sites 506 – 522. All other utility trailers or vehicles are to be stored in the Overflow Area.
- There is a $10 permit for each additional vehicle.
- For the safety of all our guests, especially the children, the speed limit on the property is 7.4 mph.
Personal Golf Carts:
Operation of personal Golf Carts is allowed with a signed Fun Valley waiver and payment of a $10 permit fee at the Office. The registration permit which must be placed on the golf cart in plain view. Golf Carts driven after dark must have headlights and taillights. Drivers must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license to operate the golf cart. Guests shall operate the golf cart in a safe manner and drive at or under the posted speed limit.
Rental Golf Carts:
Rental golf carts are available in the Gift Shop on a first come, first served basis. You must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license to rent a golf cart. Credit cards are the only accepted form of payment. A Golf Cart Rental Waiver must be completed at time of rental. Drivers must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license to operate the golf cart.
The golf cart may only be operated on the main roads in Fun Valley, and guests must operate the rental golf cart in a safe manner. Golf carts are due by 11:00am on return date.
Off Road Vehicles:
Use of any off-road vehicles – UTVs, ATVs, Dirt bikes, etc. is prohibited on Fun Valley property. Safety is our focus.
We recommend you leave your electric, battery powered and gas run toys (i.e. hoverboards, segways, scooters, motorized cars, electric one wheeled skateboards, kid’s motorized motorcycles) at home.
A street legal motorcycle/scooter may only be driven by a licensed driver between your site and the front entrance. No recreational riding around the resort. Noise levels must be kept to a minimum.
Fun Valley welcomes day visitors if they abide by all Fun Valley policies.
- Visitors who wish to tour the property must register at Security and receive a 1-hour pass.
- Visitors who are spending a few hours with a registered Fun Valley guest must register at Security, pay a fee per vehicle of $10 cash at Security or $15 credit card at the Office and receive a visitor’s pass. The registered Fun Valley guest must meet the visitor at Security to serve as an escort.
- Visitors who are spending the night(s) with a registered Fun Valley guest must register at the Office and pay a $10 vehicle permit fee. There may be an additional nightly fee for the visitor. The registered Fun Valley guest must meet the visitor at the Office to serve as an escort.
- While all visitors are responsible for their own actions, the registered guest is also responsible to monitor their visitor’s actions as well.
Smoking & Alcohol Policy:
- Fun Valley is Smoke-Free inside all facilities on the property. Smoking discovered inside park lodging or a park facility shall result in a $250 charge to your reservation account.
- While cannabis is legal in the state of Colorado, Fun Valley has a strict NO cannabis use policy on the property.
- Our guests may not display or consume alcoholic beverages in public areas. Please drink responsibly.
Fun Valley is a pet-friendly property. Pets must be leashed when they are outside with the owner on the other end of the leash. When your pet poops, you must scoop. Pets cannot be left outside unattended. Aggressive dogs or dogs that bark excessively will not be allowed to remain in the park. Guests shall be financially responsible for all damages made by their pet(s). Minimum pet damage fee $150.
Lodging guests with pets will be charged a non-refundable $30.00, pet fee per pet.
Quiet hours are between 10:30pm and 7:30am. All guests are requested to be at their RV site or park lodging by the 10:30pm quiet time.
Guests are responsible for the cost of rectifying damages they cause to Fun Valley property, including cleaning services. Should these damages come to our attention after the guest has departed, Fun Valley reserves the right to charge the guest’s credit card the cost of rectifying damages.
Fun Valley will not be held responsible or accept any liability for any theft of, damage to or fire on any RV, vehicle or trailer on Fun Valley property. RVs, vehicles and trailers are on these premises at owner’s own risk. Fun Valley is not responsible for acts of God (i.e. falling trees, rising water, etc.). Guest should be insured to cover these risks.
A Fun Valley Fishing permit is required to fish in all the ponds on the property except the catch and Pay Pond. Please have your fishing permit visible at all times while fishing. All fish caught in Fun Valley ponds must be kept and not returned to the pond.
- Limit of five (5) fish per day. Catch and Keep is required.
- One (1) rod and reel with two hooks is allowed.
- Children 5 years of age and younger may fish on their parent’s permit. (5 total fish between parent & child per day).
- Any guest violating this policy may be asked to leave the park.
- Fun Valley reserves the right to charge the guest’s reservation account the cost for a one-day fishing permit if the fisherman does not have his Fun Valley fishing permit available during spot checks.
- Guests catching fish in the Pay Pond will be assessed a fee of $0.60 per inch, billed to their Fun Pass.
- Fishing in the Rio Grande River requires a Colorado State fishing license, which may be purchased in the nearby town of South Fork. Fishing is Catch and Release in the South Fork of the Rio Grande which runs through Fun Valley.
Life Vest Waiver:
All adult guests renting an innertube from Fun Valley must sign a waiver to participate in tubing in the South Fork of the Rio Grande River. Guests under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian signed waiver and must wear a life vest while tubing. Fun Valley provides the life vest at no additional charge when an innertube is rented.
Bicycle Rental and Helmet:
Fun Valley is committed to the safety of our guests, and we strongly encourage all riders to wear helmets while they are riding bicycles. Helmets are included with every bicycle rental from Fun Valley. Guests returning a damaged bicycle are subject to a damage or bicycle replacement fee. Off road riding, jumping or dangerous riding is prohibited.
Dry Dock Storage of Recreational Vehicles and Utility Trailers:
Each cabin / motel / rental trailer / RV site comes with parking for one vehicle (in addition to guest’s RV). Additional vehicles and trailers must be parked in the Overflow Area. Exceptions are premium sites 506 – 522. These sites may have up to 2 vehicles and a utility trailer.
- Utility trailers will be parked in the Overflow Area. A $5/day or $90/month dry dock storage fee applies while the guest is staying on Fun Valley Property. A registration form should be completed at the Office.
- Fun Valley allows guests who need to come and go during the season to store their RV / Utility Trailer
in the Overflow Area
- Guests will be charged a $5/day or $90/month dry dock storage fee which must be pre-paid.
- Complete a registration form. Leave keys to any hitch lock / theft device with Office personnel.
- Fun Valley will not be held responsible or accept any liability for any theft of, damage to or fire on any RV, vehicle or trailer on Fun Valley property. RVs, vehicles and trailers are on these premises at owner’s own risk.
Lodging Guest Fees:
- Return room keys to Office $25 fee each key not returned.
- Please clean dishes & silverware $30 fee leaving dirty dishes.
- Pet Damage $150 minimum fee
Open Carry of Handguns Prohibited:
Guests may not openly carry or brandish a handgun or weapon of any type on Fun Valley property.
Due to privacy concerns operation of remote-controlled aircraft of any type is not permitted on Fun Valley property.
Hot tubs are not permitted on Fun Valley property
We foster a safe environment at Fun Valley. If a concern arises, please contact Security personnel.
Vendors who wish to sell goods at Fun Valley must have Fun Valley management’s approval. Signage may only be posted in designated areas and content must be pre-approved by Fun Valley management.
For your convenience a coin-operated laundromat is available for your use. Laundromat hours of operation are: 8:00am to 10:00pm. Please have your last washing load in by 9:00pm.